Ycenter is looking for a Frontend Developer to join its Digital Innovations and product development team. This is a fully remote, full time position. You will be employed under the Ycenter India office.
We’re looking for a dynamic coder and problem-solver to work with our Digital Innovations team and help build web products that solve complex global problems for our clients. Preferably a Frontend Developer / Software Engineer with 2-4 years of experience in building UI/UX for modern web applications, not afraid of taking on new challenges in a fast paced startup environment, able to take leadership decisions independently (read: without a boss) and an obsession for effective & timely communication.
Why You Should Work With Us
- · If you’ve ever felt that technology should be used for social good, or wanted to create measurable impact through your work, this is the opportunity.
- · Be a part of a global team of engineers, entrepreneurs, researchers, designers, and a bot to tackle complex business & social problems for our clients. Past clients include Abbott Global Healthcare, US Department of Commerce, GODAN (Global Open Data For Agriculture & Nutrition), Microsoft and United Nations.
- · Work directly with Ycenter’s leadership team and grab optional opportunities to learn Design Thinking, Leadership and Entrepreneurship (read: what makes a startup successful. We will tell you from experience)
- · Work on end-to-end projects that add real value to your portfolio.
- · We care about you as a person and the work you do, more than spreadsheets and corporate KPIs. In fact if you love spreadsheets, this role is not for you.
- · We are obsessed about pop culture, good movies, TV shows, books and music. We will probably judge you by your Netflix Watch History more than your CV.
- · Build frontend for web applications and test for performance based on predefined scope.
- · Work with Ycenter’s leadership team to conduct user research and integrate user feedback into the UI.
- · Work with Ycenter's leadership team to integrate business requirements with technical architecture and understand the product development roadmap.
- · Ensure technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and seamlessly integrate high-fidelity mockups into actual code.
- · Analyze user metrics and page speed insights to optimize application performance and search engine performance.
- · Collaborate with the backend development team to optimize application usability
- · Maintain third-party API integrations & help automate client business processes
- · Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- · Write functional requirement documents and guides according to Ycenter’s product documentation standards
Skills & Technologies
· Skilled at and experienced in web application development with the following full-stack competency:
· Familiarity with modern web application development stacks
Preferred stack: MERN (MongoDB, ExpressJS, React, NodeJS)
Alternate stack: LAMP with Laravel framework
· In-depth experience with building, maintaining, implementing and extending Design Systems
· Experience in building responsive applications for all modern device screen sizes
· Experience in application performance tuning and search engine optimization based on usage analytics data
· Experience in working with REST APIs
· Knowledge of working with Python-based applications is a bonus but not a requirement
· Should be familiar with the Git version control system.
· Should be experienced in application testing (manual) and CI/CD workflow
· Should be comfortable working with DevOps processes using Agile methodology
· Should have a strong sense of design aesthetics beyond web applications
How To Apply
Interested candidates may fill out the following form and our team will get back to shortlisted candidates by. And remember, we are more interested in your story than your CV!