Ycenter is looking for a Full Stack Developer to join its Digital Innovations and product development team. This is a fully remote, part-time, 3-month paid position with provision for retention based on performance and client opportunities. You will be employed under the Ycenter India office.
We’re looking for a dynamic coder and problem-solver to work with our Digital Innovations team and help build web products that solve complex global problems for our clients. Preferably a Full Stack Developer / Software Engineer with 3+ years of experience in building & maintaining web applications, not afraid of taking on new challenges in a fast paced startup environment, able to take leadership decisions independently (read: without a boss) and an obsession for effective & timely communication.
Why You Should Work With Us
- If you’ve ever felt that technology should be used for social good, or wanted to create measurable impact through your work, this is the opportunity.
- Be a part of a global team of engineers, entrepreneurs, researchers, designers, and a bot to tackle complex business & social problems for our clients. Past clients include Abbott Global Healthcare, US Department of Commerce, GODAN (Global Open Data For Agriculture & Nutrition), Microsoft and United Nations.
- Work directly with Ycenter’s leadership team and grab optional opportunities to learn Design Thinking, Leadership and Entrepreneurship (read: what makes a startup successful. We will tell you from experience)
- Work on end-to-end projects that add real value to your portfolio. You will not be spending 3 months “changing the colour of the navbar”.
- We care about you as a person and the work you do, more than spreadsheets and corporate KPIs. In fact if you love spreadsheets, this role is not for you.
- We are obsessed about pop culture, good movies, TV shows, books and music. We will probably judge you by your Netflix Watch History more than your CV.
- Build end-to-end web applications and test for performance based on predefined scope
- Work with Ycenter's leadership team to integrate business requirements with technical architecture and understand the product development roadmap.
- Analyze & optimize user metrics, system performance and database security.
- Work with Ycenter’s leadership team to conduct user research and design UX/UI.
- Maintain third-party API integrations & help automate client business processes.
Skills & Technologies
- Should be skilled at and experienced in web application development with the following full-stack competency:
- Preferred stack: LAMP. Knowledge of MERN stack is a bonus but not a requirement
- Knowledge of and experience in server-side scripting using PHP and cURL
- Knowledge of and experience in MySQL database operations & optimization
- Knowledge of and experience in building & handling REST APIs
- Should be skilled at & experienced in conducting user research and UI/UX design.
- Should be familiar with the Git version control system.
- Should be experienced in application testing and server deployment. Knowledge of CI/CD workflow is a bonus but not a requirement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates may fill out the following form and our team will get back to shortlisted candidates by 30th April, 2021. And remember, we are more interested in your story than your CV!