Ycenter is looking for a Design Researcher to join its Innovation team. This is a fully remote, part time position. You will be employed under the Ycenter India office.
We’re looking for a dynamic designer and problem-solver to work with our Innovation Consulting team and help build strategies, products and services that solve complex business & social problems for our clients. Preferably a Product/Communication/Industrial designer with 1-3 years of experience in building solution blueprints, creating reports and analyzing data, not afraid of taking on new challenges in a fast paced startup environment, able to take leadership decisions independently (read: without a boss) and an obsession for effective & timely communication. Experience in the public healthcare and/or consumer pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
Why You Should Work With Us
- · If you’ve ever felt that design should be used for social good, or wanted to create measurable impact through your work, this is the opportunity.
- · Be a part of a global team of engineers, entrepreneurs, researchers, designers, and a bot to tackle complex business & social problems for our clients. Past clients include Abbott Global Healthcare, US Department of Commerce, GODAN (Global Open Data For Agriculture & Nutrition), Microsoft and United Nations.
- · Work directly with Ycenter’s leadership team and grab optional opportunities to learn Design Thinking, Leadership and Entrepreneurship (read: what makes a startup successful. We will tell you from experience)
- · Work on at least one end-to-end project that adds real value to your portfolio.
- · We care about you as a person and the work you do, more than spreadsheets and corporate KPIs.
- · We are obsessed about pop culture, good movies, TV shows, books and music. We will probably judge you by your Netflix Watch History and the books you read more than your CV.
- · Work with Ycenter’s leadership team to build the design & research strategy for our global innovation projects
- · Conduct a content review of reports and experiments undertaken by various experts in the target sector - to create a 360-degree perspective on what we know vs. where we still have questions
- · Design and conduct primary and secondary research based on project objectives
- · Analyze existing data to identify gaps and opportunities
- · Structure human-centered research and lead the internal and partner teams through fieldwork, analysis of findings and insight development
- · Connect insights to design and collaborate with teammates to create design toolkits and virtual tools
- · Create deliverables, reports, presentations, and/or videos to document and bring to life insights in an engaging and inspiring way
- · Work with cross-functional teams to support the development of digital tools and applications
- · Document your work and learnings to meet Ycenter’s documentation standards
· A minimum Bachelors in Design degree in Product/Communication/Industrial design from a reputed university
· A minimum of 1 to 3 years of qualitative research experience with a proven ability to scope research, lead fieldwork, conduct interviews, perform desk research, lead synthesis and communicate findings to stakeholders
· Ability to synthesize research findings and to uncover and articulate insights that will inform and inspire design
· Ability to shape and lead strategic, systems thinking based upon insights gathered through research. Experience working within the healthcare sector and/or background in product/industrial/communication/organizational/business/service design is a plus
· Exceptional communication and storytelling skills; fluency and confidence in inspiring teammates and partners with user-driven rationale
· Ability to work flexibly and efficiently, exercising a balance between research rigor and speed; we are looking for people who can maintain a high degree of rigor throughout, but who also experiment in their approach and methodology.
· Experience using technology and digital methods to uncover needs (e.g.: experience conducting online ethnography, implementing remote user studies, moderating/monitoring online communities, collaborating with developers to build web or digital prototypes to gather feedback, etc.)
· You share a passion for Ycenter’s mission to use human-centered design to solve complex social and business problems, and see yourself aligned with our culture & values
How To Apply
Interested candidates may fill out the following form and our team will reach out to shortlisted candidates. And remember, we are more interested in your story than your CV!